Call for Abstracts
The Conference Committee invites
submissions of abstracts for presentation at the 4th National
Conference on Prostitution, Sex Work, and the Commercial Sex Industry.
Researchers, educators, practitioners, managers, administrators, students, and
those engaged or who have been engaged in the sex industry are encouraged to
submit abstracts that address issues related to the commercial sex industry.
Abstracts, which will be reviewed by members of the Conference Committee, must
include the following items:
- Proposed title of presentation
(not to exceed 15 words)
- Abstract a maximum 300-500 words.
- Telephone number for one of the authors
- Please include all contact information for presenters and a 50 word bio
of each presenter.
- Full names, mailing addresses, and email addresses of authors
- Deadline for abstract submissions: June 29th, 2007.
- Please email abstracts as a MS Word attachment to
Celia Williamson, Ph.D. at
All submissions will be acknowledged via email within 7 days of receipt.
Please do not send duplicate emails
- All submissions will be acknowledged
via email within 7 days of receipt.
Please do not send duplicate emails. If you have not received confirmation
of your submission within 7 days, please contact Celia Williamson at (419)
530-4084. Notification of acceptance of abstract will be sent by July 30,
2007, at which time you will be asked to prepare a manuscript for inclusion
in the conference proceedings (optional).
All presenters must register for the Conference by
- August 1, 2006.
- All presenters are asked to submit their
PowerPoint presentations by September 25, 2006 to Celia Williamson so they can be uploaded to the computers
prior to the conference.
Areas OF Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not
limited to, the following:
and the Sex Trade
Adolescents in the Sex Trade
HIV & other Health Related Risks
Personal Experiences in the Sex
Drug Addiction and the Sex Trade
- Men & Boys in the Sex Trade
Children of Women in the Sex
Neighborhood & Community
Target Assessment & Effective
Paradigms, Perspectives &
Advocacy & Social Action